Learn to practice the art of letting go & living with greater ease
Register for a Mindful Self-Compassion Training Below
Mountain View Compassion
8 Week Online Mindful Self-Compassion Program
Mindful Self-Compassion combines the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion, providing a powerful tool for emotional resilience. Mindfulness is the first step in emotional healing—being able to turn toward and acknowledge our difficult thoughts and feelings (such as inadequacy, sadness, anger, confusion) with a spirit of openness and curiosity. If you have been following the Ten Percent Happier Podcast with Dan Harris, self-compassion is a frequent topic of conversation!
Self-compassion involves responding to these difficult thoughts and feelings with kindness, sympathy and understanding so that we soothe and comfort ourselves when we’re hurting. Research by Kristin Neff has shown that self-compassion greatly enhances emotional wellbeing. It boosts happiness, reduces anxiety and depression, and can even help maintain healthy lifestyle habits such as diet and exercise. Being both mindful and compassionate leads to greater ease and well-being in our daily lives.
Who can benefit from MSC?
MSC can be learned by anyone. It’s the practice of repeatedly evoking good will toward ourselves especially when we’re suffering—cultivating the same desire that all living beings have to live happily and free from suffering.
Most of us feel compassion when a close friend is struggling. What would it be like to receive the same caring attention whenever you needed it most? All that’s required is a shift in the direction of our attention—recognizing that as a human being, you, too, are a worthy recipient of compassion.
- MSC is designed to be taken once a week for 8-weeks with a half-day silent retreat. Early bird rate $450 (register before March 25)
- Start Date: April 21, 2021
- End Date: June 9, 2021
- Location: Online via Zoom
In 8 weeks you will learn:
- how to stop being so hard on yourself
- how to handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- how to motivate yourself with encouragement rather than criticism
- how to transform difficult relationships and interactions
- mindfulness and self-compassion practices for home and everyday life
Testimonial: “Since I took the course almost a year ago, I sleep better and I am happier”, past participant, January 2020
8 Week Course Breakdown
- This MSC training includes 8 sessions of 2 hours each, in addition to a half day retreat.
- This training format is often most easily integrated into our lives and offers an extended opportunity to deepen and solidify our practice.
- The topics are:
- Discovering Mindful Self-Compassion
- Practicing Mindfulness
- Practicing Loving-kindness
- Discovering Your Compassionate Voice
- Living Deeply
- Meeting Difficult Emotions
- Exploring Challenging Relationships
- Embracing Your Life
- Half Day Silent Retreat